Friday 25 April 2014

Tan lines, Swimsuits and all inclusive service

As i begin this post, a huge smile is plastered on my face as I contemplate where to start in explaining the amazing experience I had in Cancun this easter.
Maybe from the very beginning will be best.. so my friend Dara wanted to do a destination holiday for her 21st cause she's so cool and un-mainstream and that's what a dinner and dancing party would have been to be honest so we her friends, especially me, grew some serious balls and asked our parents to go on a trip to Mexico and by the grace and mercy of God, i promise you that can be the only explanation, we got the funds, permission- and for me with my Nigerian pali- the visa to go!

The anticipation and building excitement was unbelievable, we just couldn't wait and even after we had bought the plane tickets we still couldn't believe we were actually doing it! We prepared extensively for it with shopping sprees in the UK and on Aliexpress (God bless that site!), yes we ordered stuff from China! including and not limited to hair, clothes, swimwear, waterproof cases for our phones.
Also prepared body wise with exercise regimes, diet plans and what not because we had to be bikini ready!

April 17th finally came and we made our way to Mexico with our converted pesos, holiday appropriate wardrobe and banging bodies and it was better than we could ever imagine. I get so happy thinking about it that I cannot fully describe it. We went jet skiing (sort of) parasailing, private yacht cruising, snorkeling, swimming and playing with Dolphins in the oceans, we also visited the flea markets, rode their local buses, pool side chilled and also did some beach frolicking.



And the fooood! Let me just mention that the hotel was all inclusive so your imagination can do the rest on how much we ate! and if you're thinking it was like a chinese buffet that can sometimes be not that great let me correct you. The food was amazing like soo good, there was hardly anything i tasted that i didn't like. Mexican food is gorgeous and unlimited supply..well let's just say no one can blame me for being a bit of a glutton while i was there. I had to give up on my bikini body oh.
okay not so much giving up
The drinks were free as well so we shayo-ed to our heart's content..drank! i tried to have as many cocktails as possible but i now know my knowledge of cocktails is very limited cos I had all I knew and more and I still didn't have them all! our go-to drink was the Strawberry daiquiri which we at some point had to start taking virgin because we were all alcohol-ed out.

We met loads of interesting people especially this guy from Rhode Island with a legit Italian American, mafia sounding accent and lots of nice people fascinated with a group of black girls lol.
Going out was legendary and once was enough, trust me. I lost my voice and I am still struggling to recover it back.

The beach with its white sands and blue water with different shades that ombre-d...the burger that made my eyes roll back into my head the first time i tasted it, the pool, the hot guys (even though they were with girlfriends, urghh i was salty and no it wasn't just the seawater), the amazing hospitality service at ME by Melia Cancun, with the palm on the chest as they said 'Hola'..the vanilla cake from the cafe..oh my gosh, take me back!

I was really sad to come back to reality but every good thing comes to an end and I still have my tan lines and pictures that verify that i was actually there and good memories to carry throughout my days.
All in all, I'm glad and thankful I did it and I definitely want to do trips like this many more times in my lifetime God willing.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like sooooooooo much FUN!!!!! I want to travel toooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuke, we gats do a trip within a few years God willing!

      Delete